Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Everyday Klingon Phrases




http://www.kli.org/tlh/phrases.html


Yes. (answer to yes/no question)

HIja' or HISlaH


No. (answer to yes/no question)

ghobe'


Yes, OK, I'll do it.

lu' or luq


No, don't, I won't.

Qo'


Hello. (Roughly, "What do you want?")

nuqneH


What's happening?

qaStaH nuq?


Huh?

nuqjatlh?


I understand.

jIyaj


I don't understand.

jIyajbe'


Good! (expression of satisfaction)

maj


Well done!

majQa'


Where is the bathroom?

nuqDaq 'oH puchpa''e'


Come in

yI'el (to more than one person: pe'el)


Come here.

HIghoS


Go away.

naDevvo' yIghoS (to more than one person: naDevvo' peghoS)


Open the door!

lojmIt yIpoSmoH! (See note if you think something is missing here.)


Don't be silly.

yIDoghQo' (to more than one person: peDoghQo')


Your mother has a smooth forehead!

Hab SoSlI' Quch! (Note: this is a powerful insult; don't say it to friends.)


Today is a good day to die.

Heghlu'meH QaQ jajvam


We are Klingons!

tlhIngan maH!


Happy birthday.

qoSlIj DatIvjaj (to more than one person: qoSraj botIvjaj)


What time is it?

'arlogh Qoylu'pu'? (Literally, "How many times has it [presumably some traditional hour alarm] been heard?")


Shut up!

bIjatlh 'e' yImev (to more than one person: Sujatlh 'e' yImev)


That's great news!

buy' ngop (Literally, "The plates are full")

No comments:

Post a Comment